Last Updated 1-10-2022
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by NACTT or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you must not access or use our Site. By accessing or using this Site, you agree to this Policy.
2. Children Under the Age of 16.
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at via the Contact page.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name and e-mail address (“personal information”); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Section 7 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information) below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
How to Control and Delete Cookies
- Cookies can be controlled, blocked or restricted through your web browser settings. Information on how to do this can be found within the Help section of your browser. All Cookies are browser specific. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices to access websites, you will need to manage your cookie preferences across these environments.
- If you are using a mobile device to access the Site, you will need to refer to your instruction manual or other help/settings resource to find out how you can control cookies on your device.
- Please note: If you restrict, disable or block any or all Cookies from your web browser or mobile or other device, the Site may not operate properly, and you may not have access to some or any functions or services available through the Site.
- To learn more about cookies and web beacons, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including NACTT, do not respond to DNT signals.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Section 7 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information) below.
5. How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Section 7 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information) below.
6. Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of NACTT’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NACTT about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NACTT or others.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by NACTT to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI’s website.
8. Data Security.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we may also notify you through a notice on the Site home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Site and this Policy to check for any changes.
10. Contact Information.
National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees
Attn: Executive Director
Address: 1 Windsor Cove, Suite 305 Columbia, SC 29223
Telephone: 1- 800-445-8629